Is independent living right for me or my loved one? Everyone’s reasons for choosing to join our community are different but here are some of the most common:
- You want peace-of-mind with a built-in support network. Whether you are moving to be closer to family or downsizing in retirement, independent living offers a built-in support network of friendly and knowledgeable staff who can connect you to resources to help you live your best life.
- You want to participate in activities, without having to drive all over town. Living at Eaton gives you access to so many programs and activities. From educational classes to fun happy hours to wellness providers, we bring it on-site to you. You will no longer have to hop in the car to participate in all these activities. No more driving in the snow to get to the recreation center for your workout.
- You want to say goodbye to yard-work, home maintenance and shoveling snow! Eaton has a phenomenal maintenance crew that ensures the building and grounds are clean, well-kept and beautiful. When you live at Eaton, the staff is there to take care of your home maintenance.
- You may want to “take a load off” by getting help with cooking and cleaning. You have worked hard your whole life and now it is time to reap the benefits! When you move to independent living, you can choose to do the things that matter to you – rather than expend your energy on household chores.
- You can read more about the benefits of moving to independent living, especially during a global pandemic on our blog by clicking here.
Eaton Senior Communities provides independent living, also known as senior apartments, with on-site services. Independent living communities do not provide help with personal care. Rent goes toward housing, utilities and maintenance.
Residents who need extra help with daily tasks can use privately-hired home health aides. These are outside providers that assist with bathing, dressing, managing medication and other daily tasks. Residents who require more increased monitoring can use privately-hired medical alert systems, such as fall detection pendants.
Eaton Senior Communities does not provide any direct care, 24/7 monitoring, wellness checks or medical emergency response. You can learn more about the various levels of care in senior living on our blog.